Tekurat®– Thermal insulation for roofs.
Tekurat® is a unique system for insulating flat roofs, which can also, be used for insulating tiled roofs, walls, floors, etc.
Tekurat® is made of rigid expanded polyurethane (PUR). It is free of FCKWs (ozone destroyer). The PUR-foam core of Tekurat® is a more than 90% closed cell structure and it is not able to absorb water.
On the bottom side of the insulation boards is an aluminum foil with channels formed into the hard foam. These channels allow water vapor to be redirected to the outside. This way no moisture (caused by condensation or brought in during the building period) will remain inside the roof. All moisture can diffuse harmlessly out through the channel system.
Tekurat® can easily be cut.
The top side of Tekurat® can be covered, according to customer choice with any of the following: bitumen felts, plastic foils (VAE, etc.) or aluminum foil.
Thermal conductivity grouping: 0,030 W/(m*K)
Actual measurement: 0,023 W/(m*K)
Tekurat® meets the requirements of DIN 4201. Tekurat® is able to withstand temperatures of up to 250°C for a short time and constantly -50°C until 110°C.
Tekurat® is resistant to all regular solvents, wood protectors, glues, softeners, fuels, mineral oils, gases and aggressive materials in the atmosphere, fungi, wet and dry rot
Pressure load: 0,1 N/mm² according to DIN 18164, Page 1 (1kp/cm² = 10 t/m²).
Polyurethane foam is rigid and can be trafficked.
Weight: 38 ± 4 kg/m³
Special flat roof problems and their professional solution.
The worst enemy of all flat roofs is moisture, when it can’t escape. The reasons for that are:
1. Ingress of water from the top through a broken top layer of the roof.
2. Ingress of water from the top through joints that are not weatherproof.
3. Diffusion, condensation, incorrect application of the vapor barrier.
4. Damage of the vapor barrier and movement of the building structure.
5. Moisture brought in from outside during the building phase.
A complete vapor barrier and the top layer of the flat roof together stop moisture from diffusing once it has occurred. The feared “moisture-trap” has been build in. The insulation no longer performs.
Water vapor always finds the pressure balance. It moves from the area of high pressure to the area of low pressure. The Tekurat® works the same way. Water vapor can only move where it exists in form of relative humidity. This is only possible in our atmosphere below the level of condensation.
The bottom side of Tekurat® is covered with a vapor barrier made of aluminum foil. The channels are connected to the outside air via the roof´s side or through vents (1 vent per 100 m²) and eventually the vapor pressure disperses to atmosphere.
The Tekurat®-system has been applied for more than 35 years on thousands of roofs without a single customer complaint.
An Upgrade with the Tekurat®-System is the best Solution.
In the upgrading of a flat roof the old damp insulation material can remain on the roof. Scrapping off is NOT NECESSARY. You can SAVE the cost of this operation. the top layer of the roof just has to be perforated so that the old roof can dry via the Tekurat® climate system. Then the Tekurat-System® is applied according to the instructions of HAPRI.
The moist/damp insulation material dries below the Tekurat®-System and is restored and therefore can regain its original performance.
During the improvement the building can be used normally without any limitation.
The fast application of Tekurat® is another advantage.
With little thickness of Tekurat® You can meet the necessary k-values according to the current regulations.
Our Product-Guaranty includes also the drying process of the old insulation material.
|Thickness||Tekurat® with bitumen felt on top of cork, steel reinforced concrete ceiling and inside covers.||Tekurat® with bitumen felt on top of polystyrene (PS20) 5cm, steel reinforced concrete ceiling and inside covers|
(Calculated according to WSVO with the normal conditions: inside +20° C at 50% relat. humidity, outside -10° C at 80% relat. humidity.)
Diffusions-diagram Sanitation (Calc. according to DIN)
In new build, the Tekurat®-System eliminates problems before they occur.
What thickness of Tekurat® has to be used in new build, can be found out from following k-value-table.
|Thickness||Tekurat® with bitumen felt on top of steel reinforced concrete ceiling and inside covers||Tekurat® with bitumen felt on top of gas-concrete and inside covers|
(Calc. according to WSVO with the normal conditions: inside +20° C at 50% relat. humidity; outside -10° C at 80% relat. humidity.)
In any case, we are more than happy to calculate for you the thermal change through your building substance and diffusion with a diagram.
Diffusion-diagram new building (Calc. according to DIN 4108)
The water vapor diffusion is being redirected in the Tekurat-System via the “relief-zone” channels into the atmosphere.
Technical Data and Details.
Tekurat is made from rigid expanded polyurethane-foam. On the bottom side it is covered with an aluminum foil and has a channel system.
The top side can be covered, according to choice with any of the following: polymer-modified bitumen felts, plastic foils (VAE, etc.) and aluminum foil.
Thermal conductivity group=0,030 W/mK
Characteristics in Fire: Building material group acc. to DIN 4102 = B2
Heat resistant: short time until 250°C. constantly from -50°C until +110°C
Pressure load: 0,1 N/mm² oder 10 t/m²
Weight: 30-35 kg/m³
The advantages of the Tekurat®– System.
- Polyurethane has the highest thermal insulation capacity of all known insulation materials (i.e. polystyrenes, mineral- or glass wools, glass foams)
- Tekurat has sold millions of square meters without a single complaint for more than 35 years.
- The material is totally harmless to people and the environment.
- The application is quick and easy because of the Tekurat-Self-adhesive Tape and can be cut easily.
- The application is independent of the weather – even in Winter Tekurat can be applied.
- Moisture brought in during the building phase or otherwise can diffuse to atmosphere through the automatic channel system of the Tekurat-System. The roof dries, moisture pressure can leave.
- The Upgrade can be done without stripping off the old roof. Money is being saved.
- In the upgrade the existing insulation material dries out – the additional insulation thickness is less.
- Tekurat can carry loads up to 10 t/m² (0,1 N/mm²).
- The customer can choose, which top layer covers the insulation material (i.e. PYE, G200DD, VAE-Foil, aluminum foil).
- The length of the boards (Rollbahn/flipped) can be decided by the customer.
- The aluminum foil covering the bottom serves additionally as vapor barrier.
- Our free Technical Advisory Service includes: Calculations for thermal performance of the building envelope and diffusion calculations with diagram, analysis of the present state, measurement of the moisture content, etc.
- Functional guarantee for 10 years.
Insulate your roof with Tekurat®!
Upgrading exterior walls